Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Priceless a la Double Vanilla

Last week I got my first order from the new catalog. Some of the things I ordered were things I've been meaning to order for a long time. I got the Priceless classy brass template and the empressor stylus (for dry embossing). I already had the other stylus. So I was playing around with it last week. I have some customers that want to learn this technique and I am practicing. So you will probably see a lot of dry embossing for the next month. The Dry embossed part in this card is the silver flower. First I stamped it with the Silver Encore ink and then matched it up with the template, then embossed it. The silver ink tends to rub off a bit so I used my Painty pen to fill in the spots that weren't totally shiny.

The background was made with the "Double Vanilla" technique from Technique Junkies. I can't print the directions but if you are in one of my groups I can teach it in a class.

I also just have to mention that I love the new ribbons that Stampin' Up came up with for this catalog! The textures are wonderful.

Stamp Set: Priceless
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Ink: Very Vanilla, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Encore Silver
Accessories: River Rock Double Stitched Ribbon, Priceless Classy Brass Template, Empressor Stylus, Stampin Dimensionals, Painty Pen


Mistylynn said...

It's beautiful Erica. Double Vanilla...okay, can't wait to find out.

Corie said...

This is just beautiful