Friday, June 27, 2008

Flight of Fancy -- AFSS23


While watching morning cartoons with my kids I remembered that I bought (had to have) this stamp set from Sassafras Lass, Oliver & Friends. This was part of my Mother's Day gifts. So finally I broke it out. It's perfect for Allison's weekly challenge featuring things "Up in the Air".

A couple of notes of what I did here. I've learned the hard way that you can't get a great imprint with dye ink with clear stamps so I used my craft inks mostly. I don't have a huge supply of craft ink so I improvised by first inking up the stamp with VersaMark and then stamping into the color I wanted. Then I thought Why not emboss them too so I embossed with clear (owls and saying). The clouds are embossed with white. The green scrap of paper was just a silly thing that I wanted to do. I told my friend Misty that I could use up a leftover scrap of paper that she was going to throw out. So here's the last piece. I'm sure she doesn't even remember.


Stamps: Oliver & Friends, Make it Count (hostess)
Card Stock: Kraft, Soft Sky, The Green Scrap
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Chocolate Chip Craft, White Craft, VersaMark, Pumpkin Pie
Accessories: White ep, Clear ep, and pink dimensional glue


PS Anyone who is interested in blog candy must visit
ScrapMetal's Retreat! You'll be glad you did!

5 comments:

Misty said...

Oh so darling E! I'm making me a new pile of stuff to give away next time we crop or what not. I'm tired of having so much stuff and not using it. I'm on a buying freeze...for a while anyhow!

Allison Rankin said...

Love this Erica...these birds are some of my favs of the stamping world! Great color palette too...thanks for playing again!

Deborah said...

Wonderful card for Allison's challenge. I adore these birdies! Deb

fünf said...

I love this one. So so so cute. We must have picked up the love of owls and birdies together somewhere, sometime.

loves.

Deb Neerman said...

Sooooooooooo cute!!! Love this, Erica!!

You totally rocked this challenge!

~Hugs!