Saturday, May 16, 2009

Gone Fishin'


I went to my upline's shoe box swap this week and I finally stamped a card. I've been working on some jewelry for my etsy shop and I just haven't stamped. I have to say I came home with some cool cards.

I can say that I actually scrapbooked for a whole day and finished 9 layouts. I will take some pictures to share soon.

This card is a total case from Krista Fox on splitcoast. I really wanted to use this set and just needed some inspiration because my mind in on jewelry mode. I just loved the use of the scallop edge punch for the waves mask. I found it easier to stamp the fish first then place the mask and sponge the top row of waves, then offset the mask and sponge the next layer of waves. After that I ran over the water area with my Aquapainter to give a more watery effect and fill in around the fish.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Just Beachy (Occasions Mini Catalog)
Card Stock: SU! Tempting Turquoise, Pacific Point, Whisper White, Summer Sun
Ink: Stazon black, Pacific Point, Cameo Coral, Ruby Red, Certainly Celery, Old Olive, Summer Sun, More Mustard
Accessories: Scallop edge punch, 1 1/4" circle punch, 1 3/8" punch, stampin sponge, aquapainter

No comments: