Sunday, April 15, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #5


I had a lot of fun with this recipe challenge Kyla came up with. I admit it did take some thinking but after I got started with the picture and title the page just came together. Here's the recipe and what I used:

1 Photo
2 Journaling Cards
3 Different Ribbons/Trims/Twine
4 Stamped Images
5 Non Paper Embellishments
(Brads, Buttons etc...)
BONUS
6 Words in the Title

So first I came up with my title. "You bring Color to my World" yeah! 6 words. Then I was super excited to use a digital download for MDS Epic Overlays Stamp brush set that I just bought. So I printed my title out on Sahara Sand card stock. Trimmed it down a little bit and matted it with Melon Mambo card stock. Then I went crazy with my different pray inks. I have a little Shimmerz, Mr. Hueys, some home made white, etc. I was a little worried that I went a little too crazy. Next for the recipe I needed to have four stamped images. I didn't count the printed portion so I went for it on the journal cards. I had a Sassafras Lass "Head in the Clouds" That was perfect. I made the journal cards out of a ripped out piece of paper from a sketch pad and clipped them together with a library clip. For the other four non paper embellies I used a fabric brad and three small brads. For the three trims I used the wide striped grosgrain ribbon, and some super fun washi tape.

Hope you enjoy! Keep checking for new projects at The Paper Girls challenge blog! Next post is up April 16th.

1 comment:

Staci said...

Cute layout! I love, love the background! All the spray ink colors are fantastic together!