Monday, April 16, 2012

The Paper Girls Challenge #6

The challenge this time is a photo inspiration. I fell in love with the yellow and gray palate. I had the perfect paper for it too. I had a kit of Teresa Collins Carolina Breeze just waiting to be used on a project. I used my 6 x 6 pad since it had so many different prints and the prints are also smaller. Another thing I thought of was a digital page I came across last year by Erica Shaw which was the perfect layout for the inspiration picture. Here's the inspiration picture:
And here's my take on it:


See what I mean? These colors are so beautiful. I used my postage stamp punch to cut out all of the squares which made it super easy. Then I just arranged them as randomly as possible. The keep my bottom line straight I lined up a 4" x 12" piece of card stock along the bottom of the page as a guide. After I placed the photo I fussy cut out all of the flowers from one of the 12 x 12 sheets from the paper kit. Next for the title I actually was influenced by Teresa Collins herself. I was at a retreat last year that Scrapbook Steals put on and she was a guest teacher there. She talked about making sure to use your own handwriting on your pages. Then she gave a little tip for doing a cursive title. First, write what you want in pencil, then write over it with black or a dark ink. After that go over it one more time with a slightly lighter ink to give it some dimension. She said not to erase the pencil because it adds to the effect. I did something similar, I first wrote with pencil. Then I traced over with my Sahara Sand stamp and write marker, then I went over the top with my white uniball signo pen.

Don't forget to check out the other blog posts by my team members at Paper Girls Challenge. We have something cooking for after this challenge that I think you won't want to miss!

1 comment:

Staci said...

Seriously fantastic! I love how soft this layout is!