Monday, May 7, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #7

I just loved the sketch by Charity for this round of the Paper Girls Challenge. I was flipping through my stash of printed photos and I found this one of me when I was pretty little - between 1 1/2 - 2 here. I thought it would go great with this paper by My Mind's eye the Bright Side. The orange, teal, and olive green are reminiscent of my childhood without being overpowering.

I cut a large flower shape with my cricut for the bottom portion of the sketch and used the lovely textile print in brown. Then I outlined the flower with Manderine twine from the Twinery. I quilled a camera because I really wanted one on there and I decided that it would be fun to try my hand at it. The rest of the embellishments are October Afternoon from various lines: Sidewalks, 5 & dime, Sarsaparilla and the flour pack from Farmhouse. I really mixed it up. The little pin flags are Girls Paperie.

No comments: