Monday, June 4, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #9 Subway Art


The challenge this round was hosted by yours truely. I was worried that I might not be able to create what I had pictured in my mind but I got lucky and it worked. 

I cut my panel in Melon Mambo card stock using various fonts on my Cricut. The script font near the top was really the only one that was a little hard to read but I wasn't going to re-cut everything over that. The hardest part was coming up with the words that I was going to use for the basis of the page. Once I figured out which picture I was going to use I just thought of a word, "precocious" and looked it up in the Thesaurus. It worked out pretty good, I think.

 I decided to stamp on the newsprint paper (SU) with part of my Creative Elements (SU) stamp set and watercolored inside the lines. The balloon stamps are from the $1 bin at Michaels.

Go on over to the Paper Girls Challenge blog and see all of the other creations from my fellow team members. I had a lot of fun seeing what everyone came up with and hope everyone gets a chance to join in.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Thanks so much for such a fun challenge! I love how your page turned out :)
~Kim
http://crazyaboutscrapin.blogspot.com

Ren-Yi said...

love these colors! and the words are prefect!