Monday, July 9, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #11: Rub On

Here we are again with another Challenge that will help you use up supplies you've been hoarding in your craft room. I have a whole stack of rub ons from a Santa Sack I bought from October Afternoon at Christmas time. Most of them are sentiments for cards so I decided to make a card for this challenge.

I wanted to use a couple of other things that I had to have and after purchasing haven't been used. (Don't tell my husband!!) I feel much better now that they have been used. It's like they feel loved now. LOL. Any how... I used this lovely background stamp by Hero Arts stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock by SU with VersaMark ink. Then I embossed the image in clear embossing powder. After it cooled down I got out some Tim Holtz distress stains, Wild Honey, Spiced Marmalade, and Aged Mahogany. I swiped some of each color on my craft mat starting in the order listed above and adding more ink until there was an area big enough to press my cardstock down into. When I lifted it off there were some spots that didn't get ink so I went over those areas with the Wild Honey or the Marmalade until it looked right. Lastly, I spritzed it with water to make the colors run together a little more. The hardest part is waiting for the cardstock to dry afterward.

The rub on is the sentiment on Cherry Cobbler cardstock, matted with Pumpkin Pie cardstock.

Hope you enjoy working on this challenge at the Paper Girls Challenge blog. If you've never joined in I want to encourage you to play along. It's so much fun!

No comments: