Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Masculine Card

I know, right??? Well my little brother just turned 30 so I thought last week, I'd better get on it! I've had this little pile of scraps on my kitchen table for at least a month from various projects. And I was thinking they are such cute papers it's a shame to throw them away. So I made this card pairing some fun mustard large polka dot print with some dark espresso teeny tiny polka dot print. I like the combo! I think the reason making cards for guys is hard for me is that I feel obligated to embellish more. But I had to force myself to stop at this because it really is enough.

Anyway I've been wanting to join it at Use it Tuesday's blog but just had the opportunity to get something done last week. And since this challenge is Anything goes well that made it a lot easier on me.  I haven't been busy or anything right? So my most hoarded item on this card is the stamp set by American Crafts called Sing Along. I bought it at the beginning of this year and this is the first time they've seen ink. I love the retro phrases and the old school radio. I'm going to count the scraps since I was able to use the pile up that was lingering for a month too.

3 comments:

Kristina MacKeen said...

You...throw out scraps?!? NOOOOO... Great card.

Megan Aaron said...

love this!

Stephanie U said...

Love it Erica! Thanks for playing along with UIT!