Monday, February 4, 2013

The Paper Girls Challenge #25: Twine

 Has it really been a whole year since we started The Paper Girls Challenge blog? Time just flies doesn't it? So I bought this sweet little stamp at the Craft store for a whole $1 and just really wanted to use it for something fun. So I worked it into the challenge lineup. The jar is the perfect image to "wrap" a little piece of twine around.You'll see that I actually punched two holes and threaded the twine through and then tied my bow. Another twine detail is I wrapped the twine around the patterned paper background several times and then cinched it with a brad. If you do this make sure you don't wrap your twine too tight or your card will warp when you put the brad through.

Here's the close up on the jar. I cut out the inside of the jar with a craft knife and then taped with scotch tape on the back side. Then flipped my image facing forward and rubbed micro glitter on the sticky side of the tape . I love using this little technique. It has been a while though so it was definitely time to repeat. What can I say the jar was just asking for it.

Now head on over to the Paper Girls Challenge blog and see what we have going on for our Birthday Week. Make sure you check our facebook page for news as well.

No comments: