Monday, July 22, 2013

The Paper Girls Challenge #36 - Watercoloring

When Amber set our current challenge to be watercoloring at the Paper Girls Challenge blog - I just knew that I had to use the new Regarding Dahlias stamp set from Stampin' Up. I used a color palette of Daffodil Delight, Crushed Curry and the base of the card is Island Indigo. I really wanted the flower to be the star of the show so I kept the embellishments to the minimum.

My go to method of watercoloring is using a waterbrush and ink method. First I stamp on a heavy cardstock like Naturals Ivory (SU) or a watercolor paper, then use a solvent ink like StazOn black. Then I smoosh my ink pad so that a puddle of ink ends up on the lid and pull color onto my aquapainter It's always a good idea to start with the lighter color and remember to leave some white for highlights. Then I add the darker colors into the places that I imagine to be the shadow areas or crevices - to add depth.

I hope you enjoyed the card! Make sure you stop by the other team member's blogs and also the Paper Girls Challenge blog for the chance to enter your project for this challenge.

No comments: