Monday, July 17, 2017

PGCB Challenge #132- Space Age

I had soooo much fun making this card. I seriously pulled out all kinds of things to make the background on this card. I started with watercolor paper since I knew it would hold up to lots of layers of ink and water washes etc. So I used some of my Ken Oliver Colorburst powders first. I used Ultramarine, Pthalo Green, Lime green, Chartreuse, Orange, Violet and Turquoise and spritzed the heck out of it until I got the look I wanted. After it dried - I had to run the kids to swim anyway - I pulled out some spritzes I've been hoarding, I used Smooch Spritz in Pearl and Silver foil, Mr Huey's in white, and Heidi Swap Color Shine in gold and turquoise. So needless to say there's a lot going on here.

I stamped the Studio Calico To the Moon and Back moon first and I watercolored it before using the die to cut it out. That way it could dry first and it wouldn't warp as much. Then I was able to use the moon as a reference for placing the words from the sentiment. Fair warning some of the inks from the spritzes attracted the embossing powder so I had to use a paint brush to tidy things up before using the heat gun.

I can't wait to see what people come up with! Be sure to check out what the Paper Girls have created.

No comments: