Saturday, May 17, 2008

Graduation Cards x 2





















My youngest brother graduated on Wednesday and I needed to make a card for him. I was having a hard time making sure it looked non-girly so I hit splitcoaststampers for inspiration. I found a great card and totally cased it. I'll post a link giving credit to the rightful owner of the idea when I find it again.






I also made a card for my mom and dad because this is their last kid (out of six) to graduate and I thought they deserved some credit for that accomplishment.

I printed the clip art on glossy photo paper and printed a second copy on regular paper. I cut out the feather section on the paper piece to create a mask. Then I sprayed my glimmer mist for iridescence and then brayered brilliant blue for more color.

2 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

Loving these! That first one rocks (I am partial to the colors!).

Annapurna said...

Unlike Allison, I like the second one better, even though both of them are very nice. I am partial to peacocks.
Love the layouts you did with your daughter and the creativity.