Thursday, May 15, 2008

If you don't have what you want -- Make your own!

I had this vision of some large candy canes for this page. I didn't know where to get any and I played around with clip art but finally decided that I had to make some. I pre-printed the title on Whisper White cardstock.

1. Free hand cut on typing paper a candy cane shape
2. Sponged with bashful blue
3. Stamped with real red craft ink with my Headline alpha letter "I" diagonally
4. Repeat. I used the positive image to mask with on the already "stamped" image.
5. I also added a little distressing with Bashful Blue ink on the whole page to add continutity of style.

1 comment:

Misty said...

That's the way we used to roll in the olden days. Make it yourself! Looks great Erica! So cute.
Take care.
Hope to see you soon.
Misty