Tuesday, July 15, 2008

AFSS26- White out Challenge

I haven't had a chance to participate in any challenges lately so when I finally finished my last batch of swaps today I set aside some time to play. Allison's challenge this week was to make a card using white ink any way you want. She did this really cool card using the black magic technique and it reminded of something else I saw while catching up on my google reader by Michelle Zindorf.

I know mine doesn't look that good, my blending leaves something to be desired but hey I can always practice. Here's my twist on this technique: I decided to stamp on Basic Grey cardstock, then I decided to use my Zig painty pen - silver side to do the outlining. The white ink is stamped on the bashful blue base and the under layer of the leaves and I stamped the sentiment with white acrylic paint and touched up with my Uniball White Signo pen. Oh and I colored my leaves with Prisma color pencils Apple Green, Violet Blue, and Cerulean Blue.



BTW the sentiment stamp-- I don't know the brand but it was a pain to get off of the acetate backing! I almost ripped the stamp. So mine might be defective or you might just not want to buy it.

3 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

So very unique Erica...good for you going "outside the box". Thanks for your repeat plays!

Deb Neerman said...

V-e-r-y kewl, Erica!!!

Annapurna said...

Cool leaves. I will have to try that stamping with acrylic paint sometime.

Re: my flowers, I stamped it on the same colored cs, so I didn't have to cut them out exactly. You can see the cuts if you enlarge the image.