Wednesday, May 27, 2009

On my way out


As I head out for a weekend excursion I thought it would be appropriate to post something from our last trip. The kids told me that we can't call this trip a "road trip" because we are only driving for 4 hours. They said in order for it to be a "road trip" it has to be far away like Connecticut. So here is a two page layout from Connecticut. We went to a beach in Stamford Ct which is a town near where my sister Alyssa lives. Her town doesn't have any beachfront so I thought it would be cool for the kids to check it out while we were on the east coast. It was about 50 degrees but it was sunny.

These pages are a little experimental. I used one of the masks from Tim Holtz and I think for one thing this design is a little too detailed to use the negative image as the mask. At least for me. I used a glimmer mist with the mask. Then I thought why not mirror the title with the leftover cut out and spray it on the other side. Looking back I might start wondering what the heck was I thinking? I also stamped some birds with a new VersaMark stamp pad that has shimmer in it but it didn't show up as well as I hoped. In future I might stamp the bird with a matching ink color and then use a stamp a ma jig to stamp the sheen over it.

No comments: