Friday, July 29, 2011

Butterflies Aplenty

I wanted to make a really quick but fun card for another Convention swap. It is a reworked version of a card in the new Idea Book & Catalog. This is one of the things about the IBC is that it is a great resource for inspiration. If you need an idea for a card there is nothing wrong with looking to the catalog for inspiration. Why reinvent the bicycle?

I forgot that I still had some of my first edition paper in my file drawer and I printed out some 8.5 x 11 pages from MDS. But that is OK. I have more for later. I stitched the background paper onto the card front with my sewing machine since this is a simple card it was worth adding that extra detail. Next, I punched my butterfly shapes using the Butterfly punch and gave them dimension with stampin' dimensionals. Last, I stamped the sentiment with Curly Cute. I'm glad I bought this set! It is so cute. Anyway since it was a clear mount set it was a cinch to stamp it perfectly onto a 3/4" piece of whisper white cardstock and then to create a perfect ribbon cut on each side I used my pennant punch to cut the V shape out of each side.

No comments: