Thursday, July 7, 2011

Convention Swap: Christmas Card

I started coloring these last night so I could send this swap out with my friend that is going to the Stampin' Up Convention next week. I wish I could make it but I have a one year old at home that is a little too young to leave for that long. Anyhow I stayed up until 1:30 AM coloring. I actually tried to go to bed earlier but couldn't shut down my mind. So I got back up and finished the job. I used a faux watercolor technique that I saw described by Karen Barber. I've been wanting to try this out so I came up with this card. Here's the palate that I used:

Stamp: Greeting Card Kids
Girl jacket and Hat: Regal Rose, Melon Mambo, Rose Red, Cherry Cobbler
Tights: Bashful blue w/ blender pen
Scarf: Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, Island Indigo
Face: Blush Blossom, Blushing Bride
Tree: Certainly Celery, Lucky Limeade, Old Olive
Box: Crumb Cake, Soft Suede, Chocolate Chip

I did a color wash around the image with Bashful blue & my blender pen. Highlights were added with the White Uniball Signo pen.

Card base is Baja Breeze, Ribbon is Rose Red binding Ribbon, Designer Paper is Paisley Petals. The matte is stamped with Four Frames in black and punched with the Decorative Label punch out of Cherry Cobbler cardstock. I cut the label in half and adhered it on each side of the image.

I had fun making this, I hope you like it!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

This is a stunning card! Love the image, and your lovely coloring!!
Enjoy the rest of the week(:

Misty said...

I LOVE this card. I want one. :)