Friday, November 2, 2012

Antique Chic- WRMK guest designer

I was lucky enough to get the chance to work with Antique Chic from We R Memory Keepers recently. I was thrilled to be asked to work with this lovely collection. I love the washed out colors and the vintage prints on the papers. I've been going back to working with some older pictures that have never been scrapped every so often. Some day I will have a decent amount done. This paper was perfect to work with some pictures I posed for when I was (eek!) sixteen. It really doesn't seem like that long ago but I must admit - it was.  So here's my antique self. LOL.

The label is printed directly on the paper which is die cut with a postage stamp edge. I love the faded yellow with the stark black on this particular paper so I backed the background paper with black card stock so you can really see the edge. I hung one of the die cut frames with some ribbon and added a doily die cut behind the picture to complete the antique feel of the page.

Papers: We R Memory Keepers Antique Chic
Card stock: Stampin' Up, Basic Black and Very Vanilla
Ribbon: 1/8" Taffeta in Basic Black
Die Cuts: Stampin' Up, Paper Doily Sizzlits Die
Alpha: American Crafts thickers, Sprinkles

5 comments:

Misty said...

I just love this layout in every way!

Kristina MacKeen said...

Beautiful you and beautiful LO! Great job.

Neela Nalam said...

Simply beautiful both U and the layout :)

Amber Sheaves said...

So you were gorgeous even as a kid huh? Totally not fair. Love this layout by the way!

Anonymous said...

good post, added you to my RSS reader.