Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #19 -Thanks!!

 I can't believe we are already at Challenge #19 at the Paper Girls Challenge. Time really flies when you are having a good time. I originally was trying to come up with a scrapbook page for this challenge but decided to go with cards instead. It's been a while since I made some fall cards. I really wanted to use this stamp from Perfectly Preserved and the Cannery dies. I can justify buying something a lot more when I actually use said item! I almost went with an indian corn look but instead decided to keep it fresh and bright. The background is the woodgrain that I also couldn't resist. Last little touches include a sentiment embossed in white, and the lovely stitched satin ribbon in Summer Starfruit.

I find it hard to stop at just one card. I was just making this up as I went along. I pulled out some of the October Afternoon Farmhouse paper I had on hand. I have a thing for grey and yellow together so I pulled these two sheets of paper.  Punched the lower edge with the scallop punch, inked the edges with SU Soft Suede. That is my go to for inking edges. Love it! Then I stamped the flower from Creative Elements from SU on some Whisper White card stock and sponged it with So Saffron and More Mustard to match the paper. I stamped the swirl on the background a few times some of them accidentally but I think it ended up ok. I stamped the sentiment in Stazon black ink onto vellum and flagged the edges.

Now to decide who to send these cards to...

Thanks for checking in on this challenge! I can't wait to see what you make! Make sure if you want to join in to link up on this blog post at The Paper Girls Challenge by Saturday November 17th at Midnight MST.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love them!