Monday, November 19, 2012

Paper Girls Challenge #20- Christmas or Winter

Two weeks ago I taught my annual Christmas card class. I thought it was perfect timing for my post this round of the  Paper Girls Challenge #20 since it is to do a winter themed or Christmas themed project. These two cards were part of my class. 

For the first card I really wanted to use the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set I bought. I love having stamp sets that have coordinating dies that go with them. Another detail on this card includes one of my favorite things to do which is embossing vellum. I used the Delicate Designs embossing folder. I love how you can just emboss a strip on your card and the lacy look that you get. I thought this was the perfect occasion for the look, especially combined with the vellum on a two tone card. It's hard to see but I also used the new Illuminate Ink on the background of this card. It's like a very shimmery watermark ink. I absolutely love it. I also couldn't resist using some of the stitched satin ribbon on this card. I love how it looks in the Midnight Muse color.


 
 The second card is actually one that was published in the monthly magazine that I get from being a demonstrator for Stampin up. When I saw this card I knew that my customers would love to make it. Basically you sponge ink onto the Silver Glimmer paper and heat set the ink to help it dry. Super fun customizing the color. Fair warning my stamp pads are a little glittery looking now. But I think it was worth it! I really like the new Snow Flurry Bigz die we have right now too.

If you haven't already make sure to stop by  The Paper Girls Challenge blog to see all of the other projects by my team members and to join in on the fun! Thanks for stopping by and I can't wait to see all of your projects!

No comments: