Monday, February 18, 2013

Paper Girls Challenge #26 Washi

 I'm hosting the Challenge over at The Paper Girls Challenge this round and I'm super excited to tell you that the challenge is to use washi tape on your project. Hooray! I love choosing challenges.  I know that Valentine's day was last week but I hope you don't mind seeing the card I made . I thought it would be fun to use one of my SU dies to cut out a heart shaped card. I simply scored my card stock and folded it then placed the die slightly off the edge of the card stock so I would have a hinge at the top. Both of the inner hearts are from the same set of dies and the three little hearts are punched.
As for the star of the show on this card I wanted the colors of my washi to really stand out so I backed the sea foam washi tape with white card stock and made the banner strip with it by simply cutting around the edges of the tape. Two of the smaller hearts are also washi that I taped onto small pieces of card stock before punching the shapes out.

I hope everyone has fun with the challenge and I can't wait to see everyone's projects! Just link up to the linky tool at the Paper Girls Challenge blog by March 2nd!

No comments: