Monday, August 5, 2013

Paper Girls Challenge #37 Glitter


Glitter is one of those craft items that adds so much to a project but I hesitate to get out. This was one of those projects though that I just wanted to pull out all the stops. A while back in one of my classes I taught a similar technique with the cupcake punch. First I covered the front side of the polka dot patterned paper with an adhesive sheet. Then I covered a piece of cardstock with an adhesive sheet and then punched the owl out twice (leaving the protective layer on one side. That gave me the body and the belly with adhesive on one side. I did the same thing with the branch from the bird punch. Then I placed all of the pieces where I wanted them on my polka dot paper with the protective layer still in place. Finally I got my glitter out. I used a clear micro glitter for the polka dot paper and just poured out a little bit and buffed it on. Then I exposed the branch and buffed on a green glitter. Then I exposed the glue on the body of the owl and placed the chevron paper down (with adhesive covered) added the circles for the eyes and then buffed on a blue micro glitter for the body. I used a black micro glitter for the feet and then exposed the adhesive for the tummy and used a different clear glitter in that area. Just for a little more glitter kick I added two dots of glue for the eyes and used the same black micro glitter as I did for the feet.
 
When I layered everything together I used some American Crafts glitter tape to frame out the patterned paper. As one last and more subtle accent I made a puddle of black glitter glue on a scrap of cardstock and dipped a pencil in it and added dots to the background of the card. Voila!

For more glitterlicious inspiration go to the Paper Girls Challenge blog to see all of the projects and join in on the fun.

No comments: