Friday, July 25, 2008

YKYR #1 Numero Uno

This is my entry for the Y.OU K.NOW Y.OU R.OCK! challenge. We're supposed to make a creation based on the current CD in your player. In my case it was MP3 but hey does it matter?
Yes this was the album I was listening to when I took on this challenge. There are some really funny videos on YouTube. This is my favorite Computer Camp Love. When I first heard the song my husband played for me (he's my personal DJ) I looked at him and said "Is this a real band?"

Yes they are.

Here's a YouTube video of the funniest song. Watch it if you're brave enough.Voilá! Here is my creation. I decided to do a scrapbook page of my younger sister Hillery. I had a perfect picture of her modeling some "fun" sunglasses from last time I visited her. I took the colors Pixie Pink, Real Red and Only Orange from the album cover. I stamped this lovely leaf from Personal Stamp Exchange in Whisper White and sponged pixie pink chalk over it. Then I outlined the leaves with my Real Red marker. Sprayed the fixitive over to fix the chalk. I think I printed the title in Terminal to match the title on the cover.


Yesterday I used a tutorial at Melissa Clifton's website to alter the image of my sister to look like an Andy Warhol picture.

3 comments:

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, Erica! This is ... ummmm, "So Cool!!!"

Great entry ... and I really love how you've "Warhol-ed" the photos!

Thanks so much for playing in Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock's first challenge!

PS: I watched the video too!

~Hugs, my friend!!

Allison Rankin said...

This is such a neat interpretation...and scrapbooking, nonetheless! Bravo!

michelle said...

i knew it!! the 80's ARE back. not too fond of the 80's, but i liked the video and song. i'll have to google that band.

and love the lo of your sis-rad!