Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Ornament made with the Tab Punch

The last post was pretty long so I thought I'd show you how I made this little ornament on a different post. I was thinking about a way to use my punches to make a couple of ornaments for the different drawers on the advent calendar and this is what I came up with.

First, punch with the round tab punch. You don't need the piece that is being punched out rather you just want the negative image.
You want the part that looks like a bracket. (see above)Slide it back inside of the punch. Center the bracket part with the lower bracket of the punch.

If you look at the photo above there is a slight gap on each side of the bracket. I just made sure that the gaps were as even as possible.
This is the shape you end up with. You will have a little bit of an edge on each side but that is easily trimmed off with some sharp scissors. See the post below for the final product of the advent calendar.

No comments: