Monday, January 21, 2013

Paper Girls Challenge #24: Wood elements

I was really excited to break out some wood elements for this challenge at Papergirls Challenge. I think I might have gone a little overboard. Maybe. All of the papers and embellishments are from Studio Calico Heyday. I think the only thing I pulled from somewhere else was the wood veneer arrow but that is Studio Calico also. At first glance this kit looks kinda girly to me but I think I did a pretty good job making a masculine page for my son. If I sound a little too pleased with myself - sorry, I just have a hard time doing stuff for my son who is almost a teenager. He loved the mustache I put on the balloon so I think it's a win!

Side note: I made a pocket on the right side of the page so I could make a place to pull out the journaling since I couldn't decide where to write.

Head on over to Paper Girls Challenge blog to see the other creations by my team members and also find the place to link up your own projects. Keep your eye out for some extra posts coming up on the blog. We are nearing our first anniversary and you don't want to miss what we have in store for you!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

The mustache is cracking me up! And I like the page as a whole - great work Erica.