Monday, October 7, 2013

The Paper Girls Challenge #41 - Sew It On

 Back in June I took a class at Studio Calico where we transformed old books into a mini album. I thought it would be fun to show some of the stitching I did on some of the pages I made for this album. The idea on the right page came from a fellow Paper Girl Charissa. For my page I removed  the page I wanted to sew on with an exacto knife close to the binding Then I sewed the punched circles onto the page. Afterwards I glued the page to the page in the book behind it and used a bone folder to tuck the torn edge in towards the spine.

Close up of the stitching.
 
 
 Thought I'd a a little extra touch of stitching to the opposite page. For this one I just left the page intact and carefully fed the single page through my machine.

One thing to note is if you also use your sewing machine for actually sewing cloth - sewing on paper will dull your needle so make sure you change your needle before sewing on cloth again.

Make sure you check out all the other Paper Girls Creations for this challenge at the Paper Girls Challenge Blog.

No comments: