Wednesday, April 23, 2014

SSI CASE a Catalog Project


Casing Catalog projects isn't really a new thing to me, I actually started out stamping that way. The Idea Book and Catalog is such a great resource and I go to it when I need new ideas. ;) What a concept! Anyhow, I just loved this particular card the first time I flipped through the catalog last year.

(photo from the Stampin' Up 2014-2014 Idea book and Catalog)

So, one day when I was looking for class ideas I decided to case it. The nice thing about casing is changing a design for your own needs/ or what supplies you have on hand. I kept the hole punched out through the stamped and punched hexagon because that was my favorite part of the card. One more little tip for casing things from the Catalog is pulling a color scheme from a DSP pack in the catalog, even if you don't use one piece of paper from it. You know the colors coordinate!


Supplies:
Stamp Set: Six Sided Sampler
Card Stock: Whisper White, Daffodil Delight
Ink: Gumball Green, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Calypso Coral, Pool Party
Accessories: Hexagon Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Brights Candy Dots, Epic Day Washi Tape

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

Awesome case card. The colors are perfect. I am so glad this set didn't retire, I need to use it more!