Thursday, July 24, 2014

SSInk: Christmas in July!!

 If you are a follower of my blog you wont be surprised to see Life in the Forest again. This is such a fun stamp set and I love to color in the images. Well, I just had to pull it out and use if for a Christmas card. I love to layer images and thought it would be fun to mask everything off and use our star mask as a background.
I used post its to cover all the areas I wanted to protect from the VersaMark ink and then taped the star mask down over my card base. Then I pressed the VersaMark ink over the mask directly until I was sure I got even coverage. Then, I embossed the stars with clear embossing powder. Afterward  sponged the sky area with Island Indigo and the grass area with Pear Pizzazz and Pistachio Pudding. The most fun part was playing with my Blendablities Markers. I have to say, I'm loving them. I can't wait to get more colors! Now go check out the fab creations of our other team members at SSInk.

Supplies:
Stamp Sets: Life in the Forest, Christmas Messages
Ink: Island Indigo, Pear Pizzazz, Pistachio Pudding, VersaMark, Old Olive Blendabilities Markers, Soft Suede, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Blushing Bride and Smoky Slate Stamp 'n write markers, Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad
Card Stock: Whisper White, Baked Brown Sugar, Island Indigo
Accessories: Woodgrain embossing folder, Gold Baker's Twine, Clear embossing powder

5 comments:

Unknown said...

So adorable... love the bright colors!

brrenwick said...

So stinkin' ca-YOOT!!! Great use of a non-Christmas set..love it!

Cynthia said...

Oh my... what a lovely job with your Christmas card. LOVE it!!

Heidi Boos said...

Thank you so much for the explanation of how you created the starry background! What a fun and unique Christmas card. Great job with the Blendabilities!

~Heidi at Stuck on Stampin'

Unknown said...

I have NO idea where you come up with these great ideas! So freakin' cute! Thanks so much for sharing with us!