Wednesday, August 27, 2014

SSInk: Watercolor Wednesday

One of the things that I find relaxing is Watercoloring. I bought this super fun stamp set Boys Will Be Boys with watercoloring and the blendabilities in mind. For this card I went for a messy look. sometimes you let the water bleed out the colors and that's ok! I added some random splashes of red and smudges of orange to add to the look. For a super easy background I sponged on some Tempting Turquoise and then brushed over it with the Aquapainter to blend it out. The last little touch I added was stamping the top portion of the tower of blocks in this stamp set as an arrow. One more thing I wanted to point out is I used some of the Flower Pot DSP for layers on this card. It isn't just a girly set of paper!

My four year old son has claimed it for his own and I'm glad because I achieved making this appealing to  a little boy. For more lovely watercoloring check out the other ladies' cards at SSInk.

Supplies: Boys Will Be Boys
Stamp Set:
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight, Pacific Point, Old Olive, Real Red, Smoky Slate
Card Stock: Tangerine Tango, Watercolor paper
DSP: Flower Pot
Accessories: Aquapainter

1 comment:

Kim Ryden said...

I love this card! I am getting this set on my next order! That robot is SO CUTE!! Great watercoloring!