Monday, May 16, 2016

PGCB #104 - Inspiration Picture

This Challenge from the inspiration picture was a good opportunity to get out my mixed media goodies and create something that looked a little like graffiti. I don't usually go this route for my scrapbooking so it's fun to stretch my usual style. The paper came from We R Memory Keepers and I painted over the bottom half with Gesso before applying some of the Ranger texture paste mixed with Ken Oliver color splash pigments over stencils. I liked how it mixed easily and it spread well. If you try this, I'd make sure you don't wait too long to remove the stencil from your paper because it will start to stick. So work quickly,,  Afterward I spritzed the paper with Dylusions spray ink in Orange and fuchsia to continue with the tone transition like in the inspiration picture.   Then it was just about finishing of the page with embellishments. I thought it worked well with this picture of my daughters and my Mom painting canvases.

As always don't miss the other projects from the Paper Girls and make sure you join in!

No comments: